Springville Civic Center
110 South Main Street
Springville City, UT 84663
(801) 489-2700 Tel
(801) 491-7894 Fax
Youth City Council
The Springville Youth City Council is an organization that offers Springville teens an opportunity to gain a greater understanding and appreciation for their community, its citizens, and elected officials through service and interaction. It also provides an opportunity to learn leadership skills. Each member has a responsibility to attend meetings and activities.
• Must be currently a 9th – 11th grader and a Springville resident.
• Required to attend at least 80% of meetings and planned activities. Meetings will generally be held the first Thursday of each month at 7:30pm at the city building with other activities scheduled as needed. We usually have one planned activity per month.
• Have access to email, check it regularly, and respond to SYCC communication
• $25 participation fee to be submitted once the applicants have been notified of acceptance
The Springville Youth City Council is currently composed of five committees. These committees are Community Involvement, Community Awareness, Political Advocacy, Team-building, and Public Relations. Each committee is in charge of planning activities that focus on certain objectives.
• Community Involvement – Service in our community
• Community Awareness – Gain knowledge and understanding of our community
• Political Advocacy – Involvement in city government
• Team-building – Create unity through team-building activities
• Public Relations – Increase community awareness of the SYCC
The youth will have the opportunity to apply to be a lead for one of the committees. As lead they will head their committee and plan activities. They will also be given the opportunity to conduct meetings.
• Must be currently in 10th or 11th grade
• Required to come to monthly Thursday meeting earlier at 7:00pm
• Willing to oversee meetings
• Planning and coordinating of activities