110 South Main Street
Springville, UT 84663
Emergency - Dial 911
Request a Report
If you need a copy of a report from the Department of Public Safety, you will need to complete a GRAMA form. These forms are available at the Police Department, or you may access one by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
There are some minor fees associated with most copies of reports:
- Reports (up to ten pages long) are $5.00
- Additional pages are charged at 25 cents per page
- Traffic accident reports (the “DI-9”) are $5.00
- Photographs are $20.00 for a CD
- You may be billed for additional charges should the case/research required be extensive. The billing rate is $32.00 per hour for research.
- Items that are not readily available, items that require extensive review and/or redacting of information and other non-standard releases may be billed by the hour as well.
By law, not all reports are immediately available. For example, cases that are currently under investigation are generally not available.
Cases that have been filed by a prosecutor are available through the court system in a process called “discovery.”
Sensitive information such as the names of juveniles, the names of victims and information that relates to medical conditions are generally protected, and therefore may be redacted from reports prior to release.
If you need a copy of a report, please click on the link below. You will need to fill out the request completely, and be as specific in your request as possible. You may then bring the request in or you can mail it to us.
Additionally, those wanting reports need to make the request in advance. Due to the volume of requests, it may take up to ten business days to fill the requests. (Utah law allows up to ten days to respond to GRAMA requests, and often the numbers of requests received in a given day or week can make that limit difficult to meet!) So plan ahead and turn in your request early!
If you have any questions, please contact us at (801) 489-9421 during regular business hours (M-F 8 to 5).