- Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Springville Library volunteers at events and raises funds to enrich library offerings and services for all patrons. The Friends is a non-profit, volunteer group dedicated to supporting the library through volunteering time and/or donating funds. Each year the Friends raise funds that enrich library offerings and services. Some of the fund raising programs the Friends sponsor are:
- The Friends Bookstore, located in the main entrance, always contains used books and magazines for sale. Donated and discarded books, DVD’s, etc. are made available for purchase six days a week. Simply pay at the front desk.
- Semi-Annual Book Sale, held twice a year (every June during Art City Days, and again in the Fall), a fundraising opportunity for residents to purchase books, DVDs, CDs, audio books, etc. at bargain prices. Patrons are also encouraged to donate used books, CDs, DVDs, etc. are accepted at the library year round. Volunteers are always needed and welcome to help at the book sale.
- Annual Author Luncheon, a social event featuring a best-selling author and a great meal.
Benefits of joining the Friends of the Library
- Contribute to the goals and mission of the library by supporting programming, events, resources, etc.
- Help set up the book sales and get a preview of the selection and first choices.
- Opportunities to meet and greet with visiting authors at their book signing events.
- Decide which library program requests to supplement throughout the year.
Interested in joining the Friends and supporting the Springville Library? Fill out a Friends of the Library sign up form and email it to LibraryFriends@springville.org or submit it at the front desk at the library. We’ll be in touch!