Buildings & Grounds
443 South 200 East
phone: (801) 489-2770
fax: (801) 489-7217
General Tree Guidelines
- All trees planted in the public right of way must be 1.75” – 2.5“caliper ball and burlap stock.
- All trees planted for screening or landscape barrier purposes must be ball and burlap stock.
- All landscape plans submitted for development review must be approved by the Director of Buildings and Grounds and the City Arborist.
- All trees planted in the public right-of way must be planted after Labor Day or before Memorial Day.
- Street trees may only be planted in planter strips that are at least six feet wide.
- Trees in planter strips must be of approved species.
- Trees in planter strips must maintain clearance of 7 feet on the sidewalk side and 13 feet on the street side.
- City staff has the right to prune or remove any tree in the public right-of-way as they deem necessary for the benefit of the public concern and safety.
- No citizen or corporation may, at any time, prune, alter, damage, plant, or remove any tree in the public right-of-way without written consent from the Director of Buildings and Grounds or the City Arborist. Any damage may become the liability of the property of the property owner.
If you have any questions, please call (801) 489-2737 or send an email.