UDOT has contracted with Geneva Rock to work on the SR-51 & 1600 South Intersection Improvements Project, beginning Thursday, July 13, 2017. This project will provide the following changes to the existing roadway:
- Dedicated deceleration right-turn lane southbound SR 51 to westbound 1600 South
- Left-turn pocket northbound SR 51 to westbound 1600 South
- Passive two-way left-turn southbound SR 51 to eastbound alley-way (heading toward Old South Main Street)
- Roadway widening to accommodate additional turn lanes
- Resurfacing of the roadway within the project area
There are no plans to install a traffic signal at this time. The project is expected to last 30 days.
Geneva Rock will be paving roadways on Saturday, July 22nd, July 29th, and August 5th. The road will NOT be closed.