110 S. Main Street
Springville, UT 84663
Tel (801) 491-2780
Fax (801) 491-7894
Solid Waste Division
Garbage Pick-Up Schedule
Springville City provides curb side garbage collection service on a weekly basis. Garbage containers should be on the street by 7 a.m. on collection day.
Please call (801) 491-2780 with questions or if your garbage is missed. There is a $10 fee if the garbage truck has to come back to pick up your garbage.
The fee for one garbage can is $12.50 per month. A second garbage can is $9.50 per month.
All solid waste in Springville is taken to the South Utah Valley Solid Waste District (known as the “Transfer Station”), located at 2450 W 400 S. If the Transfer Station is open, garbage will be picked up as usual. For more information about the Transfer Station, call (801) 489-3027 or look up their web site at www.suvswd.org.
Please be aware that the time of day the garbage is picked up may change. We ask that all garbage cans be out on the street by 7 a.m.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Springville City Public Works Department at (801) 491-2780.
To report a broken garbage can please call (801) 491-2780.
To report missed garbage pick-up please call (801) 491-2780.
Holidays that will delay pickup by one day are listed below (if the holiday is observed on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday):
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Pioneer Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
For information about Springville City’s recycling services, please visit the Recycling Services page.
Individuals may take garbage to South Utah Valley Solid Waste District (SUVSWD) located at 2450 West 400 South, Springville. The station is open Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For more information, please call (801) 489-3027.
Covered pickup loads — $8
Uncovered pickup loads — $12
Items that will not be accepted are:
- Acid batteries
- Hazardous waste
- Tree stumps
Yard Waste Disposal Center
The Yard Waste Disposal Center is open from early spring to late fall. The hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and closed on Monday, Sunday and holidays.
Disposal materials must be suitable to be ground for composting. All contaminants must be removed that would damage the grinding equipment.
Acceptable materials are:
- Garden waste materials
- Grass clipping
- Tree limbs (less then 8″ in diameter cut into lengths of 10 feet or less)
Unacceptable materials are:
- Construction materials
- Tree stumps and all other household garbage.
There is no charge for disposal of acceptable materials. Composted materials suitable for soil enhancement and mulch will be available for purchase at $20 for screened, per cubic yard or small pickup load. There is a metal dumpster available for citizen convenience for all scrap metal, excluding refrigeration, air conditioners and freezers unless there is a sticker stating they are free of Freon.
Do’s and Don’ts of Garbage Cans
- Place can in street on flat surface where it cannot roll back into curb and tip over.
- Place can facing forward as arrows show.
- Make sure lid can completely close properly.
- Have can on the road by 7 a.m. ready for service.
- Don’t place can within 8 feet of a parked car or trailer, mailbox, tree, etc.
- Don’t place can within 8 feet of a second can or neighbor’s can.
- Don’t overfill can to the point the lid won’t close completely (if the lid can’t close completely, you are responsible for the spilled garbage).
- Don’t place green waste or yard waste in the can (the City has a recycling center).
- Don’t place construction materials in can (boards, bricks, concrete, etc.).
- Don’t place hazardous materials in can (acids, paints, batteries, ashes, etc.).
- Don’t place boxes, bags, etc. around the can (the Garbage Truck can only pick up cans).
Note: If your garbage can does not meet these standards, it may not be dumped. There is a $10 charge to come back and pick it up.
Do’s & Don’ts of Your Garbage Can